Thursday, April 26, 2007

Windows Vista and national University dont mix

I was supposed to be in an online chat with my group members tonight and to my dismay I was unable to log on. I kept getting html errors as well as different browsers errors. So, me thinking that im a computer nerd and know what I'm doing, when in fact im pretty clueless,, goes online and tried to figure out this problem. I thought it was just a matter of updating Java or something simple like that. So, i do that and nothing. Then I decide to see what I can find about windows Vista and Java. I find on the Sunsystem, or whoever it is who makes Java, site that there is a download specific to Windows Vista. YAY.....wrong! Well i download this and then end up getting some sort of other weird error. I do what no wanna be computer nerd does....I call tech support....ohhhh no. Anyways He has me download Firefox (a different browser) and tells me that that is what I probably will have to use because national university does not support Windows Vista yet. How that matters when it comes to Java script and web browsers is beyond me. So, for all of u who actually read this and get a computer with Vista....make sure to down load firefox too, cause you cant go into the chat rooms with explorer.

1 comment:

Debra Davenport said...

Thanks so much for this post and for the research you put into this issue!

Much appreciated, Brenda!!

Dr. D.