Thursday, April 26, 2007

Group Challenge

A challenge that I had tonight, while its still fresh in my head, is that I was unable to log onto the chat whit my group. I did everything I possibly could, but if u read my other post about Windows Vista you will know that I had some browser problems. Anyhow, after giving it my all to get on and realizing that the chat was starting and I sill was unable to get into the chat room I started e-mailing all my group partners. I did this quite a few times in hope that one of them would check their e-mail and see that I wasn’t just being a flake. So, as the minutes pass (I hate being late I even literally ran home from my kids open house to make it) my frustrations grew. No one was responding to my e-mail so the I have one of my group member’s yahoo messenger address and I try contacting her on there. I actually have tried contacting her on there a few times to no avail. By this time I’m fuming to say the least….I feel like throwing my computer out the window. I contacted It and get the issue resolved and a couple of my group members e-mail me back after they were done with the meeting. But this is what somewhat gets me. No one in my group was able to be gotten a hold of. Other than e-mail there really is no other way to contact those in my group. As a resolution to this problem, It would be nice for others to give out their instant messaging contact info it this happens again and be logged in to the program weather it be YIM, AOL or any other one that everyone agrees on. That way the lines of communication are still open and someone doesn’t get shut out somehow.

3 comments:

RLee said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough time :( And that you had to run home from the open house just to hit a virtual wall. Well I hope you're all caught up and a little less frustrated. My AIM is qtbug411. Oh and I believe the last portion for the powerpoint will be sent to you tomorrow... dont stress too much about it.. you have about a week and please feel free to ask me for help.

Myrna Sadalge said...

Hey Brenda, Its ok. I wasn't expecting you to get on the chat since you had mentioned you'd be at your kids open house. As far as my thoughts you were excused. At least we have the chat log to go back to.

Please don't throw your computer out the window, that gave me a chuckle when I read that part. I heard some bad things about Windows Vista.
I'll stick with windows XP.

Debra Davenport said...

Thanks for sharing your frustrations, Brenda. This is all part of "human communication" and I'm glad to see your teammates responded to you with support and kindness.

If you didn't care so much about doing well, you probably wouldn't have become so frustrated, so actually you're proving how committed you are to the class.

Nicely done everyone!

Dr. D.