Thursday, April 26, 2007

My group

My experience with my group has been challenging. Though I am working with many wonderful people we have had scheduling problems. We have had three different meetings via a chat room and we have yet to have a meeting where everyone makes it. This last one, the one that we had tonight, I was the one who was unable to make it. I had problems with my browser letting me log into the chat. I was e-mailing my group partners and even tried contacting a group member through and online instant messenger. I must say I was getting very frustrated. The previous meeting I also a bit frustrated. We all agreed to meet and only three of us showed up with no communication from the others who didn’t make it. I’m going to be frank here, I was livid. I missed going to the Zoo with my kids to make it to the meeting and for those who didn’t make it not to even say anything about not making it or even attempt to log on, I felt was a huge let down to the entire group. Each person in the group was to submit their part of the assignment that Sunday and only one person did. I still am waiting for one more person to get it to me. I am putting everyone’s work together in a ppt and I need to have it all or it won’t flow right. However, those who didn’t make it to the meeting contacted everyone after the meeting was over and got caught up to speed.

Our communication style, I believe, is very open and compromising. Negotiation between those in our group was very easy. People seemed to be very accommodating and understanding of others situations. No arguments occurred and people were very flexible with the needs of others. The emotional iq of my colleagues was somewhat undeterminable. There was really no conflict that arose that would bring about strong emotions.

Although this post was a bit more on the negative side, I am in a great group with wonderful ladies. I’m just getting a bit stressed not having all the info I need to put the pt together yet. I was planning on having this done two days ago, and as it stands I have a Blank power point presentation just waiting for me to throw some info on it. I’ll be starting on it tomorrow weather I have all the Info on it or not and hopefully when I do get the last piece of info I’ll be able to still make it flow.

No comments: