Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Here I go again with group work

I was reading some others blogs and there is at least one other person in my group that is a bit uneasy with our final project. Communication has been great, but follow through, on the other hand, could use a little work. I feel this is in part my fault for not having the ppt completely done and put together. The original plan was for everyone to have the part done and emailed to everyone in the group a couple of sundays ago. This was only done by one person. There were two who werent at that particular meeting, but were diligent about getting their part out the following day. We were only waiting on one person to get the info in.

In our initial meeting I took it upon myself to do the ppt for the group and I told them that I would be able to get it done within a couple of days after we all agreed to get all the info in. (This was assuming that all the info would be in when we agreed) I thought I would be able to have my part done that wednesday at the absolute latest. Technically I could have, but it would have been missing one group members information. So, being that this group member said that she would get me the info asap. I waited. Well, im still waiting and its been about two weeks. I'm sry, but this is starting to drive me crazy!! I feel like im not doing my part to help the group out, yet at the same time, I dont want to give my group an incomplete presentation.

We are meeting tonight again, and I hope that everyone makes it. I need to get this resolved, at least for my own piece of mind.

4 comments:

RLee said...

Im assuming you read my blog from yesterday. I'm frustrated as well.. I did the script, but only based on my own thoughts because I didnt receive any feedback from the others.

And it is not at all your fault! You cannot complete something without all the necessary info. Sorry its been so difficult. But I hope that by putting the script together it will settle all our nerves and all we need is to add the missing piece.

Just remember that the ppt is just to support our phone call presentation so it doesnt need to be absolutely perfect. Good news is.. it will all be over after Friday :)

PrettyTony31 said...

Please kiss that big 'ol dog of yours for me. He/she looks awesome!

Isn't crazy how one person can affect the whole project? I'm glad you wrote about it. Too many times people don't put out that they're displeased with a persons behvior and that behavior just continues without any feedback.

Good on you! Keep pressure on this peron and let the instructor know what's up...

Brenda said...

haha...thats my bros dog, mines an english bulldog =) not as big but just as cute!

well this group thing is well...its going....sitting waiting for an e-mail is like waiting for a phonecall. Other than that, my partners have been awesome! And omg Rebecca, your script kicks ass!

Myrna Sadalge said...

Hi Brenda, I just don't comprehend how someone can do this to others. Maybe she just doesn't care as much as we do. But telling us day after day that she's going to submit it and doesn't, I just don't get it.

If she doesn't get it to you by tonight lets just exclude her portion. She'll have to be a fill in the night of our phone call.